As an AI language model, I don’t have real-time data. However, I can provide you with information about some notable philanthropic contributions to education in recent years. Please note that this list may not include contributions made specifically in the current year:
1. The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation: Established in 2000, this foundation has made significant contributions to education worldwide, focusing on improving access and quality of education.
2. Mark Zuckerberg and Priscilla Chan: Founders of the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, they have pledged billions of dollars towards education, with a focus on personalized learning, supporting schools, and providing resources for educators.
3. Michael Bloomberg: Through his philanthropy, Bloomberg Philanthropies, Bloomberg has donated to various education-related initiatives, including efforts to improve schools and education systems globally.
4. The Walton Family Foundation: Known for their contributions to K-12 education, this foundation has supported initiatives aimed at improving educational opportunities for underprivileged students in the United States.
5. Warren Buffett: While not limited to education, Buffett’s charitable contributions through the Susan Thompson Buffett Foundation have helped support a range of educational initiatives, including scholarships and educational programs.
6. The Broad Foundation: Through investments in education initiatives, particularly in the United States, the Eli and Edythe Broad Foundation aims to improve urban public education and increase college readiness.
7. MacKenzie Scott: Following her divorce from Jeff Bezos, MacKenzie Scott has made substantial philanthropic contributions to various sectors, including education. Her donations have supported colleges, universities, and other educational organizations.
8. The Open Society Foundations: Founded by investor and philanthropist George Soros, the Open Society Foundations have contributed to education initiatives globally, focusing on increasing access, equity, and quality.
9. The Ford Foundation: Established by Henry Ford’s son, Edsel Ford, this foundation has contributed significantly to educational institutions and initiatives globally, focusing on issues of social justice and equity.
10. The Carnegie Corporation of New York: Founded by Andrew Carnegie in 1911, this philanthropic organization supports various educational initiatives, including those focused on teacher education, literacy, and improving schools.
Please note that this list only provides a snapshot of some major philanthropic contributions to education and is subject to change as new contributions emerge. For the most up-to-date information, it would be advisable to consult recent reports and news sources.